Prescribed burn at Coromandel East
Date posted: 21 Sep. 2023
A prescribed burn is planned north of Ackland Hill Road and west of Woodcutters Road in Coromandel East, on Friday 22 September 2023, weather conditions permitting.
- The burn will start at 11am and is likely to be completed by 6pm on Friday 22 September.
- The area to be burnt is 7.3 hectares on private land.
- This burn is part of a series of prescribed burns which aim to reduce the extreme risk of bushfire impacting on the community of Coromandel East.
- There will be no road closures.
- Smoke could remain in the area for some time, potentially affecting Ackland Hill Road and Woodcutters Road.
- National Parks and Wildlife Service crews will remain on site until safe.
NPWSSA conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land. Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAEnvirWater on X (formerly Twitter).
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.