Prescribed burn at Cleland National Park (Attunga Track)
Date posted: 10 Nov. 2022
A prescribed burn is planned at Cleland National Park on Thursday, 10 November, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 11:30am and is likely to be completed by 6:00pm the same day.
- The area to be burnt is 13.8 hectares of land in within the park, below the communication towers at Mount Lofty Summit.
- This burn aims to reduce fuel within the southeast corner of the park adjacent to residential properties within the Crafers area.
- Access via Attunga Track and the surrounding area will be restricted.
- Mount Lofty Summit Road may be impacted by smoke.
NPWS conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land. Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.