Prescribed burn at Clare
Date posted: 21 Apr. 2023
A prescribed burn is planned at the south side of Plant Avenue near the Steinborner Ford dealership at Clare in the state’s Mid North on Sunday 23 April, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 10.30am and is likely to be completed by 12.30pm on Sunday 23 April
- The area to be burnt is 4.9 hectares
- Plant Avenue will remain open to local traffic, which will need to give way to fire trucks
- The wind is forecast to blow smoke to the west and away from as many nearby houses as possible
- Nearby residents are advised to you close their windows, manage anyone who has medical issues that may be affected by smoke and take any washing off the line
- This burn aims to reduce the fuel hazard at the site to limit the spread and impact of bushfire to adjacent houses and businesses and is a cooperative operation by NPWSSA, the Clare & Gilbert Valleys Council and the CFS.
NPWSSA conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land. Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAEnvirWater on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.