Prescribed burn at Chapel Hill
Date posted: 09 Nov. 2022
A prescribed burn is planned at Chapel Hill on Wednesday, 9 November, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 10:30am and is likely to be completed by 6:00pm the same day.
- The area to be burnt is 2.8 hectares of land in located in the Chapel Hill Reserve near Diggings Road, Chapel Hill Road and Todd Road.
- The burn aims to reduce the significant risk of bushfire impacting on properties surrounding the Chapel Hill Reserve.
- Smoke could remain in the area for some time, potentially impacting on Diggings Road, Chapel Hill Road and Todd Road. NPWS crews will remain on site until safe.
- Diggings Road will have smoke over it and signage will be in place.
NPWS conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land. Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.