Prescribed burn at Belair National Park
Date posted: 03 Nov. 2023
A prescribed burn is planned at Belair National Park on Monday 6 November 2023, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 10:30am and is likely to be completed by 5pm on Monday 6 November.
- The area to be burnt is approximately 4.9 hectares along the Warri Parri Ridge Track, adjacent Upper Sturt Road.
- The objective of the burn is to create low fuel areas to reduce the risk of a bushfire impacting on homes along Upper Sturt Road.
- No roads will be closed, but Warri Parri Ridge Track will have restricted access during the burn.
- Upper Sturt Road may be affected by smoke.
- National Parks and Wildlife Service crews will remain on site until safe.
NPWS SA conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhance biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land. Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAEnvirWater on X (formerly Twitter).
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.