Prescribed burn at Belair National Park
Date posted: 05 Dec. 2022
A prescribed burn is planned at Belair National Park (Saddle Hill Road) on Tuesday 6 December, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 11.30am and is likely to be completed by 7.00pm the same day.
- The area to be burnt is 6.4 hectares in the north east corner of Belair National Park along Saddle Hill Road and just south of Sheoak Road.
- This burn is planned to reduce fuels and the risk of bushfire spreading east from the reserve.
- Access along Saddle Hill Road in Belair National Park will be limited during the burn operations.
- Smoke could impact Sheoak Road.
NPWSSA conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.