Prescribed burn at Basket Range
Date posted: 28 Sep. 2023
A prescribed burn is planned at Basket Range on Friday 29 September, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 9:30am and is likely to be completed by 3pm on Friday 29 September.
- The area to be burnt is 1.6 hectares on private land east of Range Road between the Uraidla and Ashton townships in the Mount Lofty Ranges.
- The objective of this burn is to reduce fuel loads and lower the risk of bushfires impacting the community of Basket Range and surrounding area.
- No roads will be affected.
- Basket Range Road may be impacted by smoke due to forecasted north-westerly winds.
- National Parks and Wildlife Service crews will remain on site until safe.
NPWS South Australia conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land. Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAEnvirWater on X (formerly Twitter).
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.