Prescribed burn at Balhannah
Date posted: 22 Sep. 2023
A prescribed burn is planned north of Fenwick Road and west of Swamp Road, Balhannah, in the Adelaide Hills on Monday 25 September 2023, weather conditions permitting.
- The burn will start at 12pm and is likely to be completed by 5pm on Monday 25 September.
- The area to be burnt is 10.7 hectares on private land.
- It is part of a series of burns that aim to reduce the risk of bushfire
- impacting on the communities of Balhannah and surrounds.
- Smoke could remain in the area for some time.
- National Parks and Wildlife Service crews will remain on site until safe.
NPWSSA conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land. Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAEnvirWater on X (formerly Twitter).
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.