Prescribed burn at Ashton (Lobethal Road)
Date posted: 05 Dec. 2022
A prescribed burn is planned at Ashton (Lobethal Road) on private land on Tuesday 6 December, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 12.30pm and is likely to be completed by 6.00pm the same day.
- The area to be burnt is 10.5 hectares on private land east of Lobethal Road between Norton Summit and Ashton townships in the Mount Lofty Ranges.
- This burn is planned create low fuel areas to reduce the risk of bushfires impacting the communities of Ashton and Norton Summit.
- Lobethal Road between Marble Hill and Woods Hill Roads will have traffic restrictions during the main part of the burn, traffic management will only be implemented whilst smoke impacts are present on the road and will be removed as soon as possible.
- Smoke could impact valleys within the Ashton/Norton Summit area and a section of Lobethal Road near Norton Summit.
NPWSSA conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.