Prescribe burn in Crafers West
Date posted: 05 Apr. 2023
A prescribed burn is planned on private land at the northern face of the ridgeline between Sheoak Road and Brownhill Creek on Wednesday 5 April, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 10.30am and is likely to be completed by 5pm on Wednesday 5 April.
- The area to be burnt is 7 hectares.
- Sheoak Road between 295 Sheoak Road and 225 Sheoak Road will have one lane closed for the duration of the burn with speed restrictions in place.
- Sheoak Road may be impacted by smoke during the burn.
- This burn is part of a series of prescribed burns which aim to reduce the risk of bushfire impacting on Sheoak Road dwellings.
- The burn will be carried out by NPWS as part of the Mt Lofty Ranges Fire Co-operative prescribed burn programme.
NPWSSA conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land. Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAEnvirWater on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.