Prescribed burns at Mount Lofty Botanic Gardens
Date posted: 05 Dec. 2019
Two small prescribed burns are planned at Mount Lofty Botanic Gardens, on Friday 6 December 2019, weather conditions permitting.
- The first prescribed burn will start at 12 noon and should be complete by 1pm.
- It will impact 0.7 hectares in the south west corner of Mount Lofty Botanic Garden near Campbell Avenue, 2km east of Crafers.
- This is a fuel reduction burn to reduce the impact of fire to properties on Campbell Avenue, Crafers.
- The second prescribed burn will start at 3pm and should be complete by 4.30pm.
- It will impact 0.2 hectares in the south east corner of the Mount Lofty Botanic Gardens near Constance Avenue, 2km east of Crafers.
- This is a fuel reduction burn to reduce the impact of fire on properties along Piccadilly Road and Constance Avenue, Crafers.
- Smoke from both burns may remain visible until Saturday, however fire crews will remain on site and patrol the area until it is declared safe.
The burn will be carried out by the Department for Environment and Water (DEW) with local CFS Volunteers. A crew will remain on site until it is safe to leave.
The objective of this burn is to reduce fuels in the area to prevent the spread of bushfire and to reduce the risk of fire spreading to neighbouring properties. It is part of a statewide program of prescribed burning planned to protect communities and assets at risk.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow@SAENVIRWATERon Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.