Prescribed burn at Crafers West (Emmett Road)
Date posted: 14 Oct. 2019
A prescribed burn is planned at Crafers West in the Adelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges region on Monday 14 October 2019, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 1.00pm on Monday 14 October 2019 and should be complete by 6pm that day.
- The burn will impact 12.9 hectares of private land located off Emmett Road, Crafers West.
- A small amount of smoke and some fire activity within the burn area may be observed for several days but the site will be patrolled during this period.
- Emmett Road, Hillcrest Avenue and Hawk Hill Road maybe impacted by smoke for a short period under predicted weather forecast.
- This fuel reduction burn is one of a series of burns planned to reduce the risk of a bushfire burning through the continuous native vegetation to the South of Emmett Road.
The burn will be carried out by the National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) and the local CFS brigade has been invited to attend. A crew will remain on site until it is safe to leave.
The objective of this burn is to reduce fuels in the area to prevent the spread of bushfire. It is part of a statewide program of prescribed burning planned to protect communities and assets at risk.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAEnvirWater on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.