Belair Golf Course consultation underway
The draft master plan for the former Belair Golf Course and Country Club precinct – including opportunities to increase nature-based tourism experiences in the national park – is now open for community consultation.
There are some key upgrades proposed in the master plan and draft amendment and they include:
- The inclusion of a lease to a local Mountain Bike hire and skills training business to operate from the old clubhouse in the precinct.
- Sturt Lions Soccer Club proposal to establish a new home ground on up to 10ha of the southern boundary of the precinct.
- Creating more opportunities for people to engage with nature by building a shared use trail and proposing mountain bike flow and jump trails to support a growing interest in this recreational activity.
- The removal of the Belair Function Centre and appropriate re-use of the site considered.
- New zones proposed in the draft amendment to the Belair National Park Management Plan. This will facilitate greater use and enjoyment of the former Belair Golf Course precinct that support tourist accommodation/development and heritage/recreational use.
The release of the draft master plan provides a great opportunity for people to help shape the site’s future as part of Belair National Park.
A community drop-in session will be held on 14 February to allow community members to view an artist’s impression of the master plan and provide feedback on its key features.
Visit the YourSAy website to find out more.