Park and site Christmas opening hours
A number of national parks and other sites managed by the Department for Environment and Water (DEW) have amended opening hours over the Christmas period.
Adelaide Botanic Garden: Open every day, with shortened hours of 9am to 7pm on public holidays.
Adelaide Gaol: Closed Christmas Day only.
Cleland Wildlife Park: Closed Christmas Day only.
Mount Lofty Botanic Garden: Open every day, with shortened hours of 10am to 6pm on public holidays. Closed on days of severe, extreme and catastrophic fire danger.
Mount Lofty Summit: Closed Christmas Day, but the site is open to pedestrians. Open 10am to 6pm on New Year’s Day. Visit www.mtloftysummit.com for opening hours for the Mount Lofty Summit Restaurant.
Waterfall Gully carpark: Remains open during the period.
Kelly Hill Caves: Closed Christmas Day only.
Naracoorte Caves and Tantanoola Caves: Closed Christmas Day only.
Seal Bay: Closed Christmas Day only.
State Flora Nurseries: Belair: Closed Christmas Day, New Year’s Day and on days of catastrophic fire danger. Murray Bridge: Closed from 25 December, reopening on 2 January.
Wittunga Botanic Garden: Open every day, with shortened opening hours of 10am to 6pm on public holidays.
Key national parks and reserves
- Belair National Park: Park gates closed on Christmas Day, but open to walkers.
- Flinders Chase National Park: Main park visitor centre and Cape Borda Light Station visitor centre both closed Christmas Day. The park is open on Christmas Day, and self-registration facilities are available near the visitor centre.
- Dhilba Guuranda-Innes National Park: Visitor centre closed on Christmas Day.
- Martindale Hall Conservation Park: Martindale Hall closed Christmas Day.
- Morialta Conservation Park: Stradbroke Rd gate open (for access to nature playground) on Christmas Day. First Falls Rd entrance closed to traffic, but open to walkers.
- Para Wirra Conservation Park: Gates closed Christmas Day, but accessible for camping.
Parks and reserves are closed on days of catastrophic fire danger, and may be closed at other times if weather presents a risk to the public.
For the most up-to-date information regarding park closures, visit http://www.parks.sa.gov.au/Safety/park-closures and follow @SAEnvirWater on Twitter.
Visit www.cfs.sa.gov.au for fire rating information.