Incorporating the experience and knowledge of the local community and First Nations is critical to successfully restoring the health of the Coorong. As part of the broader Project Coorong initiative, a new Coorong Partnership is being established to provide local communities and groups with an unprecedented opportunity to help shape the work to be undertaken.
Nominations have now closed and the membership will be provided on this site.
The Coorong Partnership will comprise a community chairperson and local members with a broad range of interests and expertise including, but not limited to, Aboriginal culture, conservation, recreation, science, agriculture, tourism, fishing and heritage.
The Coorong Partnership will provide community insight, ideas and perspectives to inform government decision making and ensure that management actions taken incorporate local knowledge and contribute to achieving community needs and aspirations.
In recognition of the unique rights and interests of First Nations, they will be an integral part of the Coorong Partnership.
The Coorong Partnership will transform the way that government partners with community in the management of the Coorong.
We look forward to announcing the membership in the near future.
More ways to get involved
These sessions are a chance to learn more about Project Coorong's Healthy Coorong, Healthy Basin and Our Coorong | Our Coast programs in particular, and for the community to offer their valuable thoughts, together with others, to shape the work proposed.
Sessions are scheduled as follows:
- Meningie - Wednesday 9 October 2019 from 2.00 - 5.00 pm
- Meningie Bowling Club, Princes Highway, Meningie
- Goolwa - Thursday 10 October 2019 from 2.00 - 5.00 pm
- Signal Point Gallery, the Wharf, Goolwa
- Robe – Wednesday 16 October 2019 from 2.00 – 5.00 pm
- Robe Bowling Club, 1 Victoria St, Robe
- Salt Creek - Thursday 17 October 2019 from 5.00 - 8.00 pm
- Salt Creek CFS/SA Ambulance building, 11097 Princes Highway, Salt Creek
- Kingston - Friday 18 October 2019 from 2.00 - 5.00 pm
- Kingston Council Chamber, 29 Holland Street, Kingston
- Project Coorong introduction
- Our Coorong | Our Coast project
- Break (catering provided)
- Healthy Coorong, Healthy Basin action plan
- Project Coorong Q&A.
Facilitated by Coorong Tatiara Local Action Plan.
Bookings via Eventbrite. If you have any questions, please email ProjectCoorong@sa.gov.au.