Prescribed burn at Lenswood
Date posted: 09 Oct. 2023
A prescribed burn is planned near Lenswood, in the Mt Lofty Ranges, on Tuesday 10 October 2023, weather conditions permitting.
- The burn will start at 11.15am and is likely to be completed by 5pm on Tuesday 10 October.
- The area to be burnt is 6 hectares of private land along Harris Rd, 1km northwest of Lenswood.
- The burn aims to reduce the risk of bushfire to the township of Lenswood.
- Smoke could remain in the area for some time, potentially affecting Harris Rd and the Mt Lofty Cellar Door. Travel along Harris Rd will be restricted for the duration of the burn.
- National Parks and Wildlife Service crews will remain on site until safe.
NPWSSA conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land. Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on X (formerly Twitter).
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.