Prescribed burn at Longwood
Date posted: 18 Oct 2019
A prescribed burn is planned on private land in Longwood and Bradbury in the Adelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges region on Sunday 20 October 2019, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at noon on Sunday 20 October 2019 and should be complete by 4pm that day.
- The burn will impact 5.1 hectares over nine parcels of privately owned land between Woolcock Road, Longwood Road and Bradwood Lane, in Longwood and Bradbury.
- A small amount of smoke and some fire activity within the burn area may be observed for several days but the site will be patrolled during this period.
- Woolcock Road and Longwood Road may be impacted by smoke.
- Traffic will be restricted along Woolcock Road for the duration of the burn.
- The burn aims to reduce the risk of a bushfire impacting on dwellings along Woolcock Road.
- The burn plans to strategically link with other burns in this high bushfire risk area, as identified in the AMLR Bushfire Management Area Plan.
This is a Mount Lofty Ranges Fire Cooperative burn. The burn will be carried out by the National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) and local CFS brigades. A crew will remain on site until it is safe to leave.
The objective of this burn is to reduce fuels in the area to prevent the spread of bushfire. It is part of a statewide program of prescribed burning planned to protect communities and assets at risk.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAEnvirWater on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.