Prescribed burn at Carey Gully
Date posted: 27 Sep. 2021
A prescribed burn is planned at Carey Gully on Tuesday 28 September 2021, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 2:20pm and should be complete by 6:00pm.
- It will affect about 6.9 hectares of private land south of Greenhill Road and east of Deviation Road near the Carey Gully and Uraidla townships in the Mt Lofty Ranges.
- The objective of the burn is to reduce fuels in an extreme bushfire risk area near the Carey Gully Township.
- A small section of Greenhill Road will have traffic management used to slow traffic for crew and public safety reasons..
- Some light smoke may fall over Greenhill Road, however due to the size of the burn any smoke impacts will be limited in duration.
The burn will be carried out by NPWS. Local MFS and CFS be in attendance. A crew will remain on site until it is safe to leave.
NPWS conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhance biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land. Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow@SAENVIRWATERon Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.