Prescribed burn at Montacute
Date posted: 09 Sep. 2021
A prescribed burn is planned for on private property on Moores Rd, Montacute, to the east of Morialta Conservation Park, in the Mount Lofty Ranges on Friday 10 September 2021, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 12:30 pm and should be complete by 4:00 pm.
- It will affect about 0.9 hectares.
- The objective of the burn is to reduce the significant risks of bushfire to homes along Moores Road and will also provide landscape protection in a high-risk area of the hills.
- Moores Road may be impacted by smoke.
- Some smoke and fire activity may remain visible in the area for several days but the burn site will be patrolled by NPWS fire crews over this period.
The burn will be carried out by NPWS as part of the Mt Lofty Ranges Fire Co-operative prescribed burn program. A crew will remain on site until it is safe to leave.
NPWS conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhance biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.