Prescribed burn at Mount George Conservation Park
Date posted: 21 May 2021
A prescribed burn is planned for Foreman Track in Mount George Conservation Park within the Adelaide Mount Lofty Ranges Region on Friday 21 May 2021, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 2 pm and should be complete by 7:30 pm.
- It will affect about 5.8 hectares within the park.
- The objective of the burn is a landscape protection burn. This burn area will link with other recent burn areas on the other side of Mount George Road to assist with creating a break in fuels at a landscape scale.
- No road closures will be in place.
- Minimal smoke impact expected to Mount George Road.
- Some smoke and fire activity may be observed on the day and following the burn and will be patrolled until it is safe.
The burn will be carried out by NPWS as part of the Mt Lofty Ranges Fire Co-operative prescribed burn program. Local CFS Volunteers have been invited to attend. A crew will remain on site until it is safe to leave.
NPWS conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhance biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.