Prescribed burn at Montecute
Date posted: 18 May 2021
A prescribed burn is planned for private land on Moores Road West, Montecute in the Mount Lofty Ranges region on Wednesday 19 May 2021, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 1:00 pm and should be complete by 3:00 pm.
- It will affect about 0.7 hectares.
- This burn is part of a series of burns which aims to reduce the significant risks of bushfire impacting on numerous dwellings along Moores Road.
- These burns will also provide landscape protection in a high-risk area of the hills.
- Moores Road may be impacted by smoke.
- Some smoke and fire activity may be observed on the day and following the burn and will be patrolled until it is safe.
The burn will be carried out by NPWS as part of the Mt Lofty Ranges Fire Co-operative prescribed burn program. Local CFS Volunteers have been invited to attend. A crew will remain on site until it is safe to leave.
NPWS conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhance biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.