Prescribed burn at Bundaleer Reservoir Reserve
Date posted: 12 Mar. 2021
A prescribed burn is planned at SA Water’s Bundaleer Reservoir Reserve adjacent Boultons Hill Road, 8km north of Spalding in the Mid North on Friday 12 March 2021, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 11am and should be complete by 6pm.
- It will affect about 18 hectares within the reserve.
- The primary purpose of this burn is for invasive weed control.
- Smoke from this burn is likely to impact Boultons Hill Road.
- The burn site is located along the northern boundary of the reserve, more than 2km from the reservoir.
- The usual areas of public access within the reserve will remain open to visitors.
The burn will be carried out by the Department for Environment and Water (DEW). A crew will remain on site until it is safe to leave.
NPWSSA’s statewide program of prescribed burns helps limit the spread and intensity of bushfires, protects communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.