Prescribed burn at Morialta Conservation Park (PM)
Date posted: 23 Nov. 2020
A prescribed burn is planned in Morialta Conservation Park, Tuesday 24 November, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 1 pm and should be complete by 6 pm.
- It will affect about 10.2 hectares within the park.
- The burn is located in Morialta Conservation Park, adjacent Morialta and Stradbroke Roads at Rostrevor.
- Olive Hill Track and Woodforde Track will be closed to walkers during the burn.
- This burn aims to reduce the risks of bushfire impacting on numerous dwellings adjacent to the reserve in Rostrevor.
- Morialta Falls Road in the Morialta CP is likely to be impacted by smoke.
- Some smoke and fire activity may remain visible in the area for several days but the burn site will be patrolled by NPWS fire crews over this period.
- NOTE: There will be another burn in the morning within Morilata Conservation Park adjacent Norton Summit Rd.
The burn will be carried out by NPWSSA as part of the Mt Lofty Ranges Fire Co-operative prescribed burn programme. Local CFS brigades have been invited to attend. A crew will remain on site until it is safe to leave.
NPWSSA’s statewide program of prescribed burns helps limit the spread and intensity of bushfires, protects communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.