Prescribed burn at Heathfield
Date posted: 13 Nov. 2020
A prescribed burn is planned between Longwood Road and Brick Kiln Road in Heathfield,Monday 16 November, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will likely start at 12:30 pm and should be complete by 6 pm.
- It will affect about 15.3 hectares across three private properties and SA Water land surrounding the Heathfield Waste Water Treatment Plant.
- This burn aims to reduce the risk of bushfire impacting on dwellings along Longwood Road and Brick Kiln Road and nearby SA Water Treatment Plant, Heathfield High School and Adelaide Hills Council Depot.
- Traffic speeds along Longwood Road and Brick Kiln Road will be restricted to 25km/h adjacent to the burn.
- Longwood Road and Brick Kiln Road may be impacted by smoke.
- Some smoke and fire activity may remain visible in the area for several days but the burn site will be patrolled by NPWSSA fire crews over this period.
The burn will be carried out by NPWSSA and SA Water as part of the Mt Lofty Ranges Fire Co-operative prescribed burn program. Local CFS brigades have been invited to attend.
NPWSSA’s statewide program of prescribed burns helps limit the spread and intensity of bushfires, protects communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.