Prescribed burn at Ironbank
Date posted: 06 Nov 2020
A prescribed burn is planned on private land adjacent to Ironbank Road at Ironbank, on Sunday 8 November 2020, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start 11:30 am and is likely to be completed by 7 pm on Sunday 8 November.
- The area to be burnt is 5.8 hectares adjacent to Ironbank Road, Ironbank, between Cherry Gardens Road and Morgan Road, south of the Ironbank township.
- This fuel reduction burn is one of a series of burns planned to reduce the risk of a bushfire burning through the continuous native vegetation next to the township of Ironbank.
- Some smoke and fire activity may be observed adjacent to Ironbank Road, in the days following the burns, but it will be patrolled until it is safe.
- Ironbank Road will have speed restrictions in place and members of the public are asked to follow the directions of fire crews if entering near the prescribed burn.
The burn will be conducted by the Department for Environment and Water and Country Fire Service. NPWSSA’s statewide program of prescribed burns helps limit the spread and intensity of bushfires, protects communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.