Prescribed burn in Monarto Woodland Conservation Park
Date posted: 06 Nov 2020
A prescribed burn is planned in Monarto Woodland Conservation Park, on Friday 6 November, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will commence at 5 pm and is likely to be completed by 11 pm on Friday 6 November.
- The area to be burnt is 13.9 hectares near the corner of Adelaide Road and Old Princes Highway (Murray Bridge exit) on the western edge of Murray Bridge.
- This burn aims to protect assets on the western edge of Murray Bridge.
- Traffic management will be in place on Adelaide Road.
- Homes in the immediate vicinity may smell smoke.
The burns will be conducted by the Department for Environment and Water. National Parks and Wildlife Service South Australia’s statewide program of prescribed burns helps limit the spread and intensity of bushfires, protects communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so andmay be cancelled at short notice.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.