Prescribed burn at Crafers West
Date posted: 03 Nov 2020
A prescribed burn is planned at Hillcrest Ave/Charlick Road, Crafers West on private land, tomorrow, Tuesday 3 November 2020, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 3 pm and should be complete by 8 pm.
- The burn is being conducted on private land on Charlick Road, Crafers West near the South Eastern Freeway.
- It will affect about 4.4 hectares of private land.
- The burn will be conducted in the late afternoon/early evening as the temperature drops and conditions moderate.
- This burn aims to reduce the significant risks of bushfire impacting on numerous dwellings along Charlick Road and Emmett Road in Crafers West.
- Traffic along Hillcrest Avenue and Charlick Road will be reduced to one lane during burn operations. Traffic Management Contractors will be in place.
- A local walking trail off Charlick Road will also be closed.
- Charlick Road and Hillcrest Ave may be impacted by smoke.
- Smoke will be visible from the South Eastern Freeway.
- Some smoke and fire activity may remain visible in the area for several days but the burn site will be patrolled by NPWS fire crews over this period.
The burn will be carried out by NPWSSA as part of the Mt Lofty Ranges Fire Co-operative prescribed burn program. Local CFS brigades have been invited to attend.
NPWSSA’s statewide program of prescribed burns helps limit the spread and intensity of bushfires, protects communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.