Prescribed burn at Greenhill on Private Land
Date posted: 19 Oct 2020
A prescribed burn is planned at Upper Slape Gully – Greenhill, tomorrow, Tuesday 20 October 2020, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 12 noon and should be complete by 7 pm.
- It will affect about 38.1 hectares of private land.
- Walking tracks along and off Coach Rd will be closed. There will be no road closures.
- Coach Road, Ridge Road and Greenhill Rd may be impacted by smoke.
- Some smoke and fire activity may remain visible in the area for several days but the burn site will be patrolled by NPWS fire crews over this period.
The burn will be carried out by NPWS as part of the Mt Lofty Ranges Fire Co-operative prescribed burn program. Local CFS brigades have been invited to attend.
This burn aims to reduce the significant risks of bushfire impacting on numerous dwellings along Coach Road and in Greenhill. It is part of a statewide program of prescribed burning planned to protect communities and assets at risk.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.