Prescribed burn at Spring Mount Conservation Park
Date posted: 09 Oct. 2020
A prescribed burn is planned at Spring Mount Conservation Park on Monday 12 October 2020, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 1pm and is likely to be completed by 7pm.
- The area to be burnt is 14.6 hectares in the north-western corner of the park near Inman Valley.
- The burn is planned to protect the landscape and reduce bushfire risk in the park.
- Some smoke and fire activity may be observed in the days following the burn but the area will be patrolled until it is safe.
- Spring Mount Road might be affected by smoke during the burn. Walkers should avoid the northern half of the park.
The burn will be conducted by the Department for Environment and Water as part of the Mt Lofty Ranges Fire Cooperative prescribed burn program.
The objective of prescribed burning is to reduce fuel loads to mitigate the risk of bushfire. This burn is part of a statewide program of prescribed burning planned to protect communities and assets at risk.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.