Prescribed burn near Adelaide Hills Council Depot
Date posted: 16 Sep 2020
A prescribed burn is planned near the Adelaide Hills Council Depot site in Heathfield, on Wednesday 16 September 2020, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 12:30pm and is likely to be completed by 5:00pm the same day.
- The area to be burnt is 1.8hectares along Brick Kiln Road on the western side of the Adelaide Hills Council Depot site.
- This burn aims to reduce the significant risks of bushfire impacting on the Council Depot and nearby dwellings along Longwood Road and Brick Kiln Road. The burn is also planned to assist in the control of a number of weed species (notably Sallow Wattle) across the remnant bush block.
- Some smoke and fire activity may be observed in the days following the burn but it will be patrolled until it is safe.
- The burn is mostly in areas where there are no public tracks, Public access tracks will remain open but members of the public are asked to follow the directions of fire crews if entering near the prescribed burn.
The burn will be conducted by the Department for Environment and Water. The objective of prescribed burning is to reduce fuel loads to mitigate the risk of bushfire. This burn is part of a statewide program of prescribed burning planned to protect communities and assets at risk.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.