Prescribed burn at Jupiter Creek
Date posted: 20 Oct. 2019
A prescribed burn is planned on private land at Jupiter Creek in the Adelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges region on Monday 21 October 2019, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at noon on Monday 21 October 2019 and should be complete by 6pm that day.
- The burn will impact 13.4 hectares on the Jupiter Creek Gold Diggings site south west of the intersection of Berry and Field Roads in Jupiter Creek.
- Long Gully Road, Berry Road and Rowe Road may be impacted by smoke.
- A small amount of smoke and some fire activity within the burn site is likely to be observed for several days after the burn. The site will be patrolled during this period.
- The burn aims to reduce the risk of a bushfire impacting on dwellings and commercial assets within the community of Jupiter Creek.
- The burn plans to strategically link with other burns in this high bushfire risk area as identified in the AMLR Bushfire Management Area Plan.
The burn will be carried out by the National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) and the local CFS brigade has been invited to attend. A crew will remain on site until it is safe to leave.
The objective of this burn is to reduce fuels in the area to prevent the spread of bushfire. It is part of a statewide program of prescribed burning planned to protect communities and assets at risk.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.