Prescribed burn at Vivonne Bay Lodge (private land)
Date posted: 30 Sep 2019
A prescribed burn is planned at Vivonne Bay Lodge (Knofel Drive) on Kangaroo Island for Monday 30 September 2019, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 11.00am and should be complete by 8.00pm.
- It will affect about 7.8 hectares of private land.
- Road restrictions will be in place on Knofel Drive.
- A smoke column will be produced during this burn. This is normal for burns of this size and smoke may continue to be visible in the area for several days afterwards.
- There will be no public access to the fire area during the burn.
The burn will be carried out by the National Parks and Wildlife Service with local CFS Volunteers.
A crew will remain on site until it is safe to leave.
The objective of this burn is to create an asset protection zone for the Vivonne Bay Township and Vivonne Bay Lodge to increase the effectiveness of bushfire-fighting efforts.
It is part of a statewide program of prescribed burning planned to protect communities and assets at risk.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.