Prescribed burn on private land at Carey Gully
Date posted: 30 Sep. 2019
A prescribed burn is planned on private land at Carey Gully in the Adelaide Hills on Monday 30 September weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 11.30am on Monday 30 September 2019 and should be complete by 6pm that day.
- The burn will impact 2 hectares of land across three private properties in Carey Gully, north of Boundary Drive and Ranns Road.
- A small amount of smoke and some fire activity within the burn area may be observed for several days but the site will be patrolled during this period.
- Smoke will be visible from Boundary Drive and Deviation Road but should not affect traffic.
- This burn aims to reduce the risk of bushfire impacting the Carey Gully community and the dwellings along Boundary Drive. It is located adjacent to an area identified as extreme bushfire risk in the Adelaide and Mt Lofty Ranges Bushfire Management Area Plan (BMAP).
The burn will be carried out by the National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) and the local CFS brigade has been invited to attend. A crew will remain on site until it is safe to leave.
The objective of this burn is to reduce fuels in the area to prevent the spread of bushfire. It is part of a statewide program of prescribed burning planned to protect communities and assets at risk.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.