Prescribed burn at Anstey Hill Recreation Park
Date posted: 21 May 2021
A prescribed burn is planned for the eastern boundary of the Anstey Hill Recreation Park adjacent to Range Road South, west of Houghton, in the Mt Lofty Ranges on Sunday 23 May 2021, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 12 noon and should be complete by 6 pm.
- It will affect about 3.5 hectares within the park.
- The objective of the burn is to reduce the risk of bushfire impact on the adjacent properties along Range Road South.
- There will be no roads closed however speed may be reduced along Range Road South for short periods if smoke reduces visibility.
- Range Road South to the east may be impacted by smoke for short periods of time.
- Some smoke and fire activity may be observed on the day and following the burn and will be patrolled until it is safe.
The burn will be carried out by NPWS as part of the Mt Lofty Ranges Fire Co-operative prescribed burn program. Local CFS Volunteers have been invited to attend. A crew will remain on site until it is safe to leave.
NPWS conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhance biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.