Prescribed burn at Mount Bold Reservoir Reserve
Date posted: 20 Oct. 2020
A prescribed burn is planned in Mount Bold Reservoir Reserve, on Wednesday 21 October 2020, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burns will commence at 12 am and are likely to be completed by 6 pm on Wednesday 21 October.
- The area to be burnt is 7 hectares along the northern boundary of the Mount Bold Reservoir Reserve adjacent to Lamont Road approximately 500 metres southeast of Bradbury.
- The burn aims to reduce fuel hazard in the area in order to reduce the bushfire risk to houses along Lamont Road and the township of Bradbury.
- Lamont Rd and Bradbury Road may be impacted by smoke.
- Some smoke and fire activity may remain visible in the area for several days but the burn site will be patrolled by National Parks and Wildlife Service South Australia fire crews over this period.
The burns will be conducted by the Department for Environment and Water. The objective of prescribed burning is to reduce fuel loads to mitigate the risk of bushfire. These burns are part of a statewide program of prescribed burning planned to protect communities and assets at risk.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.