Water Allocation Plan for the River Murray Prescribed Watercourse
The new Water Allocation Plan for the River Murray Prescribed Watercourse was adopted on 3 October 2017.
The plan includes important information about the way we take and use water from the River Murray. To see the plan and find out what this means for you, please go to the NR SAMDB website
After July 2018, authorisations will be reissued to reflect some of the changes in the plan. Until then, your current authorisations remain valid. For further information about your authorisations, call the Berri water licensing team on (08) 8595 2053, drop in for a visit at 2 Wade Street, Berri or email email@example.com.
Water allocations 2018-19
Due to the water resources availability across the Murray-Darling Basin:
- South Australia’s River Murray water access entitlement holders will receive a 100% water allocation in 2018-19; and
- Carryover water will not be made available.
• 16 April 2018 - Water allocations for 2018-19 to open at 100%
The Adelaide Desalination Plant (ADP) Cost Benefit Study
The independent cost-benefit study, undertaken by Marsden Jacobs Associate, is now available online
Water Resources Update
South Australian water allocations are based on the water resource availability to South Australia. The Murray-Darling Basin Authority provides monthly updates on the water resources conditions across the Basin. The following Water Resources Update provides information on:
- recent inflows to the Basin
- volume of water in storage (Murray-Darling Basin Authority controlled)
- Bureau of Meteorology’s three month weather outlook.
Read the latest Water Resources Update
River Murray Flow Reports
For more information about River Murray operations and water resource conditions please refer to the weekly River Murray Flow Reports.
What is a water announcement?
A water announcement is information that is reasonably likely to have a material effect on the price or value of a Murray-Darling Basin water access right. Water announcements are defined in section 12.49 of the Basin Plan 2012 water trading rules and include:
- allocation announcements
- private carryover announcements
- any other public announcement from the Minister that may have a material effect on the price or value of a water access right.
The South Australian Minister publishes water announcements in the South Australian Government Gazette and in media releases.