There are currently no drop-in information sessions planned.
March 2019 Information Sessions
A series of public information sessions were held from the Riverland to Langhorne Creek in March 2019 to provide irrigators with the latest information on water availability and outlook, water allocation, and practical tools to help them prepare for the season ahead.
Hosted by local industry bodies, the sessions included:
These presentations were followed by a panel discussion facilitated by local industry representatives to answer questions, involving members with expertise in River Murray water policy, operations, horticulture, water markets and trade.
There was also an opportunity to speak with representatives from the irrigation industry, water brokers, PIRSA and DEW about any further questions at the end of the session.
Sessions were held at:
- Renmark, hosted by the Renmark IrrigationTrust
- Barmera, hosted by the Central Irrigation Trust
- Waikerie, hosted by the Citrus Growers of SA Inc
- Loxton, hosted by Riverland Wine
- Murray Bridge, hosted by the South Australian Dairy Farmers' Association
- Langhorne Creek, hosted by Langhorne Creek Grape and Wine.
These information sessions were part of the South Australian Government's commitment to provide more timely information for River Murray irrigators so they can better prepare for the 2019-20 water year.
An information session was also held in Goolwa to provide the latest information on water availability and outlook with a focus on the Lower Lakes, Murray Mouth and Coorong.