Biomedical and research institutions in South Australia are becoming more closely linked. This linkage means approval of projects involving animals may need to be assessed and approved by multiple animal ethics committees. The use of a standardised form means that applications can be written and reviewed more efficiently and effectively.
The South Australian common application templates provided below are accepted by all SA AECs with the exception of the Adelaide University, which has an online application system. A print version of the Adelaide University application will be accepted by other AECs in cases where dual clearance is necessary.
You may need to apply to each of the following:
- your organisation's AEC (for interstate or independent researchers this is the SA AEC nominated on the licence you are working under)
- the AEC of each organisation collaborating on the project
- the institutional AEC of any teacher supervising a research student
- the AEC with responsibility for the animal holding facility.
Contact your relevant AEC for advice on the application process, including which AEC(s) to submit the application to.
When you have established the process to follow and which AEC’s to apply to, select the relevant template available here.
No details are saved online so it is important that you save the template first before filling in the form on your computer. When completed, email a signed scanned copy to the selected committees on the form. Each institution's guidelines will advise on whether or not hard copies of the application must be submitted and if so, how many copies.
N.B. Please enable security/macros in order to use the form functionality.
- phenotype passport
- monitoring genetically modified mice - individual
- monitoring genetically modified mice - litter assessment
- monitoring genetically modified mice - litter mother
- monitoring genetically modified mice - whole adult
- monitoring genetically modified mice - whole weaned.
Common reporting forms
Often throughout the course of an approved project, there will be times where reporting to the AEC or requesting a minor change is required. The appropriate forms can be found below: