Open navigation
Topics > Land management

Crown lands

Generally, land that is not privately owned and held under a Certificate of Title is Crown land. Crown land can be used by members of the community under different types of tenure, including: licences, leases or dedicated to local Councils or government agencies. Under certain circumstances the community may purchase Crown land. The remaining Crown land is referred to as unalienated Crown land, this means that the ownership of the land has not been transferred from the  “Crown” and the land is  run by the State on behalf of the Crown.

Find out more

Contact us

If your enquiry relates to land management issues on Crown land, please call your regional Natural Resource Management Office

For other enquiries about Crown land, please email us or contact your local office below.


Street Address

Postal Address

Contact Details


Kangaroo Island

Yorke Peninsula

Ground Floor,
81-95 Waymouth Street
Adelaide SA 5000

GPO Box 1047
Adelaide SA 5001

Phone: (08) 8204 1218


2 Wade Street
Berri SA 5343

PO Box 231
Berri SA 5343

Phone: (08) 8595 2105
Fax: (08) 8595 2110

Mid North

Far North

Eyre Peninsula

Level 1
SGIC Building
9 Mackay Street
Port Augusta SA 5700

PO Box 78
Port Augusta SA 5700

Phone: (08) 8648 5300
Fax. (08) 8648 5301

South East

11 Helen Street
Mount Gambier SA 5290

PO Box 1046
Mount Gambier SA 5290

Phone: (08) 8735 1177
Fax. (08) 8735 1135

Click here to view form.