TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- The organiser of the “Heritage SnAps 2020” competition is Heritage South Australia within the Department for Environment and Water (DEW), of 81-95 Waymouth Street Adelaide 5000, ABN 36 702 093 234.
- Information on prizes and how to enter form part of these Terms and Conditions of Entry.
- Entry in this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Entry by each entrant.
- The competition entry period ends at Midnight, Friday 30 October 2020 CST.
Who is eligible?
- Entry in this competition is open to all SA residents and visitors without any age restriction.
- All DEW employees and their immediate family members, although permitted to enter, will not be allowed to claim any winning prize(s) in any of the competition category.
- DEW Heritage South Australia reserves the right to request proof of identity of all winners. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of DEW. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, DEW in its absolute discretion may disqualify the winner.
1. Entries must be received by DEW during the competition entry period.
2. To enter the competition entrants must complete the entry form on the competition page of the Heritage South Australia website, at http://www.environment.sa.gov.au/our-places/heritage during the competition entry period.
3. Entrants must provide details of their full name, email address, and contact telephone number on the entry form.
4. Entrants must not enter privately owned property to photograph/video any State Heritage Places without the owner’s permission.
5. Entrants must upload their image/s of South Australia’s built and natural heritage places and identify which category the image (photograph) fits within.
6. State Heritage Place details can be viewed via the following on line database: http://maps.sa.gov.au/heritagesearch/HeritageSearchLocation.aspx
7. There is a limit of (3) photographic images an entrant can submit.
8. Submitted images (with the exception of images entered into Category 7) must not be subject to any computer image doctoring, modification or photo shop enhancement work, including any commercial image management activity that affects the authenticity, colour or detail of the image.
9. All photographic images must be submitted in JPEG format and be a minimum of 1200 pixels wide.
10. Winning images will be printed on large paper (approximately 90cm high x 60cm wide), and therefore submitting high resolution photos (high pixel count per square inch) is highly desirable.
11. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible images will be deemed invalid. Images that are considered unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually orientated, and racially offensive, contain objectionable content or are otherwise inappropriate will be deemed invalid.
12. DEW reserves the right to disqualify an entry where it reasonably suspects that such materials are prohibited by these terms and conditions, any relevant law, or are otherwise deemed inappropriate. This is DEW’s absolute discretion and discussions will not be entered into.
13. DEW reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Entry, or if the entrant has engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. DEW’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
14. The entrant grants DEW the right to free reproduction of all photographs submitted in association with the products and services of DEW. This includes, but is not limited to, online and hardcopy publications, posters, flyers, signage, calendars, websites and other digital, social or print media.
15. Entrants confirm that by entering this competition they consent for their name and image to be published by DEW. This permission extends to receiving contact from DEW staff for future promotions, which could include news articles, videos or photographs.
16. Taking into consideration the conditions described at # 14 and # 15, copyright will remain with the author.
17. Entrants confirm that by entering this competition they consent to receiving information and updates from DEW via email.
18. The contact details of entrants to this competition will not be shared with other organisations or Government bodies without the entrant’s consent.
19. By entering the competition, the entrant agrees to being subscribed to the Good Living Blog weekly e-newsletter.
20. DEW is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries. Incomplete, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid.
21. DEW reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant suspected of tampering with the entry process.
22. Entries will be judged by an expert panel appointed by DEW.
1. A certificate will be awarded to the winner and finalists of each category and a selection of prizes will be on offer for category winners.
2. A list of the prizes will be made available on the Heritage South Australia website as soon as they are confirmed.
3. A prize will be awarded to the winner of each category as chosen by the judging panel.
4. There will be a ‘People’s Choice’ component where by the public can vote for their favourite photo from the finalists as selected by the judging panel. A prize will be awarded to the winning image of the People’s Choice component of the competition.
5. The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. The winners will be notified by phone and email and their name will be published on the DEW Good Living blog site, Heritage South Australia Facebook and Web page.
7. DEW will take all reasonable steps to notify the winners.
8. If a winner cannot be reached by Friday 4 December 2020, the runner-up in their category will be awarded the prize.
9. The prize remains the property of DEW until claimed by the prize winner.
10. Non-cash prizes are not exchangeable for other goods or services and cannot be taken as cash. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by DEW.
11. If due to reasons beyond DEW’s control, the prize is unavailable, DEW, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and / or specification.
12. Any costs associated with the use of prizes are to be covered by the winner.
13. DEW accepts no liability for the prize or certificates being lost or damaged in transit.
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of DEW and which prevents DEW from complying with these terms and conditions, DEW will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
- DEW is not responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this competition, if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of DEW.
- DEW, its employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever (including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential loss) suffered or sustained in connection with this competition, the promotion of the competition or the use of any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- DEW collects personal information about entrants for the purpose of running this competition. Entry details remain the property of DEW. Entrants consent to DEW using personal information provided in connection with this competition for the purposes of conducting the competition and awarding any prizes, and for market research purposes.
- Each entrant agrees that DEW may publish or cause to be published the winner’s name and locality in any media as required under the relevant lottery legislation.
Heritage SnAps 2020 competition - Image categories:
There are eight categories:
Category 1 – Maritime and Coastal State Heritage (including photos of shipwrecks!)
Category 2 – State Heritage Places that have been changed (showcasing adaptive reuse)
Category 3 – State Heritage places to visit
Category 4 – Wild SA (Natural State Heritage places or Nature within a State Heritage Area)
Category 5 – Young people snapping State Heritage (open to school age entrants under the age of 18 as at 1 July 2020)
Category 6 – State Heritage Places captured through technology (if you are using a drone or 3D imagery this is the category for you!)
Category 7 – Professional and edited (of a State Heritage Place or State Heritage Area)
Category 8 - Category 8 – Honouring our military involvement (Photos of State Heritage memorials, monuments or buildings involved in the war effort)