Grant applications now closed
The application period for round one of the Greener Neighbourhoods Grants Program is closed.
Grant applications are now being assessed, and outcomes will be announced in September. Up to $1 million of funding will be provided through this round.
Greener Neighbourhoods Grants Program
The South Australian Government is providing up to $2 million in funding over four years to support councils located within the proposed Green Adelaide region keep Adelaide’s suburban streets green and cool.
Benefits of greening and cooling our neighbourhoods include:
- improved social, health and wellbeing outcomes through connecting communities and being surrounded by nature
- improved biodiversity and environmental outcomes through increased habitat and food supplies for local wildlife
- reduction of stormwater and rainwater runoff through filtering and absorption
- improved air quality and increased carbon sequestration
- increased liveability of neighbourhoods and increased property values
The Greener Neighbourhoods Grants Program will contribute to the following objectives:
- progress against the target in the 30 Year Plan for Greater Adelaide to increase urban green cover by 20 per cent by 2045
- reduction of the urban heat island effect across metropolitan Adelaide
- creation of habitat for wildlife and improving natural character in the urban environment
- improved community health and wellbeing
- involvement of the local community and Kaurna people in greening neighbourhoods.
For more information
To find out more information in the Greener Neighbourhoods Application Guidelines.
If you have any questions regarding the program please call James Peters on 8226 8580 or email DEW.GreenAdelaide@sa.gov.au
Find out more about how we are transforming Adelaide into a world-leading, sustainable, green and climate resilient city with Green Adelaide.