Nature does amazing things for people, and people can do amazing things for nature.
Partner with us to help conserve the natural environment. Volunteering can enrich your life too, with friends, skills, connections and the simple joy of giving back.
Whatever your age, skill level, interest and availability, it's easy to make volunteering work for you.
There are many volunteering groups in the Green Adelaide region protecting our precious environment.
Join a group near you
Simply view the map to see which groups are operating nearest to you, next get in touch with them using this contact list. Groups welcome new volunteers and depending on your chosen group, activities could include:
- trail maintenance
- seed collection
- street tree surveys
- heritage conservation
- work with local school groups
- community gardens
- community planting days
- community education
- riparian restoration
- animal and plant surveys
Community-run environment centres within the Green Adelaide region provide people with other opportunities to get involved. Follow the links below for more information:
The Adelaide Sustainability Centre located at The Joinery 111 Franklin Street, Adelaide.
The Port Environment Centre 27 North Parade, Port Adelaide.
The centres are hubs for environmental action and support community of all backgrounds in living sustainably, valuing, caring for, learning about and enjoying the experience of the natural environment. Services include:
- Delivering a regular program of events to build capacity in the community for environmental action and stewardship.
- Information and resources to promote and connect people with local groups and the environment.
- Partnering with groups and organisations to deliver activities and events that help share skills and knowledge with the wider community.
- Connecting existing groups with community members looking for volunteer opportunities.
- Promoting groups' activities to a larger network through social media, blogs and e-newsletters.
- Providing a venue for groups to connect and meet.
- A sounding board for ideas and community planning.
For volunteering within the Green Adelaide region, contact Community Engagement Officer, Kat Hill.
Interested in volunteering outside the Green Adelaide region? Please check the Landscape South Australia website and contact the relevant region.
For more information about volunteering in parks please email Friends of Parks Administration Officer Pam Smith or visit the Friends of Parks SA website.
Good luck with your volunteering!
Discover environmental community groups across Australia with the National Landcare Directory.
Search Volunteering SA to find an opportunity just right for you.
Become a community scientist in your own backyard by exploring the Australian Citizen Science Project Finder.