Support services after a fire emergency
Several support services can assist community after a fire emergency.
General assistance information
Managing your health
The Victorian Government has a range of resources to assist with managing health issues after an emergency:
- Managing stress during emergencies
- Managing emotions in emergencies – working with affected people
- Managing your health and safety – bushfires
The following personal and family counselling hotlines are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week:
- Lifeline on 13 11 14
- Mensline on 1300 78 99 78
- Kids Helpline on 1800 551 800
For information about depression, anxiety and substance-use related disorders in the Australian community visit beyondblue or call on 1300 224 636.
For information about family relationship issues, visit Family Relationships Online or call 1800 050 321.
Other assistance may also be available from the following organisations: