We are committed to working with our business partners to provide support to those affected by COVID-19 restrictions.
The South Australian Government has recently approved an extension of rent relief until 31 December 2020 for commercial tenants of State government owned properties experiencing hardship as a result of COVID-19.
Commercial tenants leasing or licensing properties from the Department for Environment and Water (DEW) who are receiving the Commonwealth Government’s JobKeeper payment under the new eligibility requirements are eligible for rent relief of 100% for their tenancy from 1 October to 31 December 2020.
Applying for rent relief
To apply for rent relief all you need to do is complete and submit the Rent Relief Application form by no later than 7 December 2020, making sure that you include the appropriate JobKeeper documents with your application.
A step-by-step guide to completing the application form
- Download the application form. Fill it out on your computer or print it out and fill it out.
- To show that you are eligible for JobKeeper attach with your application the following supporting documents (noting you only need do this once during the period 1 October to 31 December 2020 to be eligible for the entire 3 month rent relief period):
- a copy of one of your monthly business declarations from October onwards that you provided to the ATO
- a copy of your nominated bank account statement showing the associated credit from the ATO.
- Sign and submit your online form or sign, scan and email your printed form to DEW.ParksLicensingandEvents@sa.gov.au
Please note, in order for DEW to adjust your rental invoices, you will need to submit the October monthly declaration (with proof of payment received in November).
If you were previously eligible for rent relief your billing may have been suspended. Please note that DEW will now recommence billing for all leases and licences as of 1 October 2020. If you receive an invoice for the October – December period and believe you are eligible for rent relief you can hold off paying this invoice and if you are assessed as eligible for rent relief, DEW will adjust the invoice accordingly.
For further information please email DEW.ParksLicensingandEvents@sa.gov.au.
Download the application form