The South Australian Government has committed $5.2 million to implement the New Life for our Coastal Environment policy. The commitments include:
- Increased funding for metropolitan beach replenishment by $500,000 per annum for two years. Find out more about West Beach sand management.
- $1 million in research and development to improve management of Adelaide’s beaches and protect and enhance our coastal environments.
- $1 million in seagrass restoration with the aim of re-establishing seagrass meadows off the Adelaide coast.
- $1 million, in partnership with local councils to limit damaging stormwater run-off filled with sediment and pollutants from entering Gulf St Vincent.
- $1.2 million to establish new reef(s) for environmental and economic benefits.
Find out what else we're doing to protect our coasts across the state:
What can I do to help?
Banner image: Henley Beach. Photo credit: South Australian Tourism Commission.