The Coast Protection Board’s 2018 grants program funded seven regional councils and one metropolitan council, equating to a total of $325,500. The recipients were:
- $80,000 for Kingston District Council to install geotextile bags to further protect the eroding dunes adjacent to the Wyomi Beach sea wall.
- $75,000 for City of Port Adelaide Enfield to build a flood levee at Birkenhead to prevent flooding.
- $58,000 for the District Council of Mount Remarkable to upgrade a damaged section of the Port Germein levee.
- $30,000 for Port Augusta City Council to construct a flood levee to mitigate current flood risk.
- $30,000 for Wattle Range Council to repair the Post Office Rock causeway at Beachport.
- $25,000 for District Council of Robe for replenishing sand at the town beach to protect the foreshore reserve.
- $20,000 for City of Whyalla for ongoing beach replenishment to maintain stability of the seawall.
- $7,500 for the District Council of Streaky Bay to develop a coastal adaptation strategy for Baird Bay.