The SA Climate Leaders Awards recognise action being taken by individuals, the community, industry and government to address climate change in South Australia.
Entries can be for projects or activities that relate to one or more of the following:
- Manage climate change risks or support adaptation;
- Reduce net greenhouse gas emissions;
- Educate or promote awareness about climate change and climate smart solutions.
What are the categories?
There are three categories:
- Business and Industry
What do I win?
The judging panel from the Premier's Climate Change Council will select finalists and a winner in each category. Finalists will receive a certificate, category winners will also receive a trophy. The overall winner will be selected from the category winners and receive a prize of $10,000 as a contribution to a climate change-related action.
Finalists and winners will also receive recognition of their leadership and achievements through social media and websites.
Who is eligible?
Anyone is eligible to enter the awards in the appropriate category, as long as the entry relates to a project or activity delivered or initiated since June 2018, and was undertaken in South Australia or with a demonstrated benefit to South Australia.
Previous award-winning projects or individuals will not be eligible for another award in the same category unless the applicant can demonstrate significantly different and/or additional outcomes have been achieved through the project.
Who should enter?
We are seeking entries from (but not limited to):
- community groups and organisations
- schools, preschools, early childhood centres, tertiary institutes and universities
- small, medium and large enterprises
- companies and industry organisations
- local councils
- state government agencies
- research organisations
- community and not‐for‐profit organisations, clubs and associations
- regional level networks, alliances and partnerships.
Can people outside of South Australia enter?
Yes, as long as the entry relates to a project or action undertaken in South Australia or with a demonstrated benefit to South Australia.
Can I nominate someone else for an award?
Yes. However, please ask their permission first.
How do I enter?
Entries can be submitted using the online entry form. Alternatively, download the entry form and email it to email@example.com.
Does it cost anything to enter?
Entry is free.
When do entries close?
Deadline extended, entries now close 5pm (ACDT) Friday 22 January 2021.
Winners will be announced in early 2021.
Who are the judges?
The judging panel will comprise members of the Premier’s Climate Change Council.
How will the winners be chosen?
The judging panel will assess entries against the following criteria:
- Innovation and/or leadership
- Impact and outcomes
- Engagement and collaboration.