Each week we recap all-staff communications related to DEW’s COVID-19 response from the previous week. You can access these communications in full on the COVID-19 page (internal access only) of the DEW Staff Hub. Please note that Citrix access is not required to access the DEW Staff Hub.
Here’s a recap of all-staff communications in the last week:
COVID-19 Update: 3 August: Reminder of COVID Safe protocols
In the most recent COVID Update, Executive Director Sandy Carruthers reminded staff that the CE has decided to continue with the current working arrangements for the coming weeks. This means that the return to worksite schedules each branch developed a couple of weeks ago are deferred for the moment. Staff will be informed when these will begin. For now, staff are to continue with their work arrangements as they have been.
With the escalating situation in NSW and Victoria, and while South Australia remains in a state of emergency, all staff must take the necessary precautions to protect their own health and that of others. With this in mind, staff were reminded that for all staff attending worksites the following applies:
- You should only attend a worksite where there is a compelling business or personal reason to do so.
- You must have the permission of your manager prior to attending a worksite.
- You must adhere to the social distancing of 1.5 metres and 1 person per 4 sqm, and hygiene requirements at all times. This includes adhering to the capacity limits in shared areas such as kitchens, lifts and meeting spaces.
- Food or work spaces are not to be shared unnecessarily, this includes no shared morning or afternoon teas for now.
- You must not attend any worksite under any circumstances if unwell, even mildly.
- If you use a shared desk or ‘hot desk’, you must clean the desk with the equipment provided before and after use.
For all staff, the continuation of the current working arrangements also means:
- Your manager will continue to track your working arrangements and work location daily. This will enable rapid contact tracing in the event of a staff member being confirmed as having COVID-19.
- Irrespective of your work location, you must immediately notify your manager in line with the updated COVID ‘what to do if you or your staff are unwell’ protocol. We encourage you to get tested for COVID-19 even if you only have mild symptoms.
- Using technology (phone, Teams) is the preferred method of meeting, even with colleagues located within a worksite. Face to face meetings are only to be held where there is a genuine business need and where social distancing and room capacity limits can be adhered to.
- As the COVID-19 situation time period becomes extended, it is more important than ever to continue to check in regularly on each other. Should you, your team members or immediate families need support, please seek it from your manager or by contacting DEW’s Employee Assistance Program.
You can find out more in the update, which can be found on the COVID-19 page of the DEW Staff Hub (internal access only).