Each week we recap all-staff communications related to DEW’s COVID-19 response from the previous week. You can access these communications in full on the COVID-19 page (internal access only) of the DEW Staff Hub.
Please note that Citrix access is not required to access the DEW Staff Hub.
Here’s a recap of last week’s all-staff communications:
COVID Update 23 November 2020: Current restrictions
On Monday Executive Director Strategy, Science and Corporate Services Sandy Carruthers advised that while DEW’s parks, gardens, campgrounds, commercial sites and worksites are now open, with COVID safe protocols in place, office based staff are to continue working from home if you can, unless advised otherwise by your manager.
SA Health advice is that there may still be people in the community that have not yet been identified via contact tracing.
For this reason it is very important that staff:
- Continue to check the contact tracing locations information and follow relevant directions.
- Stay home if unwell, even mildly, and do not attend any DEW worksites until fully recovered.
- Get a COVID-19 test if you have any of the following symptoms: fever or chills, cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell. You can find a testing location via SA Health’s online locator tool.
- Immediately report the following situations to your manager via phone, even if working from home or on leave, so that a MySAFETY report can be lodged:
- you have been directed to quarantine by SA Health
- you have come into close contact with someone who a known case of COVID-19
- you are being tested for COVID-19
- you have been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Ensure your manager knows your working arrangements for each day so that the working arrangements spreadsheet can be maintained daily, should this information need to be passed to SA Health for contact tracing at any time.
SA Health strongly recommends masks are worn when out in public and when you can’t physically distance. Masks are being made available to staff at worksites. These are being distributed via Business Managers, so please check with your Business Manager if needed. SA Health has provided information about masks, including how to use them safely.
The current restrictions are in place until 1 December 2020.
Following the announced changes in the SA Government lockdown directions by the Premier on Friday 20 November, the CE advised that DEW will resume business as usual on Sunday morning, subject to the COVID restrictions that were in place prior to the lockdown.
Should you have any concerns regarding your working arrangements, please discuss this with your manager.
You can find out more in the update, which can be found on the COVID-19 page (internal access only).
Staff support is available via:
- DEW’s Employee Assistance Program for you and your immediate family by contacting 1300 687 327 or by logging on to: https://www.convergeinternational.com.au, selecting EAP Portal, and using: Username: dpcsa Password: dpcsa
- SA COVID-19 Information Line on 1800 253 787
- SA COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line on 1800 632 753.