Here’s a recap of all-staff communications in the last week:
COVID-19 Update: 12 August: Reminder of COVID Safe protocols
In the most recent COVID Update, Executive Director Sandy Carruthers cautioned that while the new restrictions recently introduced in South Australia do not impact our sites, it is anticipated that there are more restrictions to come. In the last week, South Australia has reintroduced greater restrictions on private gatherings and the consumption of food and drink at licensed venues.
As the situation continues to change, if any COVID-19 related situation arises that you are unsure how to respond to, please immediately contact your manager, the WHS team or Director of Corporate Services Danielle Elston for advice.
Sandy encouraged staff living and working in communities along our borders to seek support if needed.
Given that South Australia is now on high alert, it is more important than ever in these areas to adhere to COVID Safe practices, particularly:
- Practicing COVID safe hygiene and social distancing
- Not attending any worksites if unwell, even mildly
- Ensuring working arrangements are tracked daily
- Following the ‘what to do if you or your staff are unwell’ protocol, and immediately notifying managers and reporting via HIRM to ensure prompt action can be taken if needed
- Working with vulnerable staff to ensure their safety and wellbeing.
Clarity of when face to face meetings can be held
Further to the CE’s advice that only essential meetings are to be held face to face, the Crisis Management Team have clarified that face to face meetings are only to be held:
- for a compelling business need
- where best practice social distancing of 1 person per 4 square metres and hygiene protocols can be adhered to
- in consideration of the advice regarding vulnerable people.
This advice also applies to the attendance of DEW staff at externally organised meetings. Before organising or attending face to face meetings, staff must seek approval from their Leader.
COVID-19 related leave provisions
As per the email from the Office of the Commissioner for Public Sector Employment yesterday, the Commissioner’s Determination 3.1: Hours of Work, Overtime and Leave: Supplementary Provisions for COVID-19 has been updated to reflect the changing COVID-19 circumstances. The main changes are:
- employees will need to provide medical certificates for absences of more than three days
- updates on overseas and interstate travel to reflect the changes in restrictions
- encouraging agencies to embed more flexible ways of working while maintaining essential services to the community.
You can find out more in the update, which can be found on the COVID-19 page of the DEW Staff Hub (internal access only).
Each week we recap all-staff communications related to DEW’s COVID-19 response from the previous week. You can access these communications in full on the COVID-19 page (internal access only) of the DEW Staff Hub. Please note that Citrix access is not required to access the DEW Staff Hub.